- Protege: An ontology development software application
- Ontology Development Kit: A toolkit to initialize an OBO library repository and associated files.
- ROBOT: ROBOT is a tool for working with Open Biomedical Ontologies.
- VOCOL: An Integrated Environment for Collaborative Vocabulary Development.
- Karma Data Integration: A data integration tool.
- Ontofox: An ontology term and relation extraction and reuse tool.
- Ubergraph: A sparql endpoint with many OBO ontologies loaded and pre-reasoned with simple triples materialized
- The OBO Foundry: coordinated evolution of ontologies to support biomedical data integration (Smith et al., 2007). Nat Biotechnol 2007 Nov;25(11):1251–1255. http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nbt1346
- MIRO: guidelines for minimum information for the reporting of an ontology (2018). Nicolas Matentzoglu, James Malone, Chris Mungall and Robert Stevens, Journal of Biomedical Semantics 2018 9:6, https://doi.org/10.1186/s13326-017-0172-7
- An Intrepid Guide to Ontologies, by Mike Bergman, posted on May 16, 2007 in Adaptive Information, Description Logics, Ontologies, Semantic Web, Structured Web
- Monkeying around with OWL: a technical blog on ontologies and ontology engineering by Chris Mungall.
- Feed your head: a technical blog on ontologies and ontology engineering by Robert Stevens.
- Biomedical ontologies, data integration and annotation, British sense of humour: a technical blog on ontologies and ontology engineering by James Malone.
- What are Ontologies?
- Semantic Web for the Working Ontologist, Second Edition by Dean Allemang and James Hendler
- Linked Data Patterns: A pattern catalogue for modelling, publishing, and consuming Linked Data by Leigh Dodds and Ian Davis
- Learning SPARQL by Bob DuCharme
- Guidelines for writing definitions in ontologies by Selja Seppälä, Alan Ruttenberg and Barry Smith